Wednesday, February 17, 2016

the change....





last night I let the thunder beat loudly,
willingly let the fire ignite and burn through
control panes of strength…

i…
allowed the lightening to rain a watery mix of acid and pain
“Relax…. Let it happen…”
“You are safe…it’s ok to be emotional”
but the burn was too much, the itch too great,
the temptation not enough to risk the downfall
the spiraling out of control.
but she wanted me to feel, wanted to see the nakedness of my pain,
things I’m ashamed of and places I won’t go… things I won’t say.

“Relax…. Let it happen…”
“You are safe…it’s ok to be emotional”

then I start to feel like she’s too close, to accessible to my truths and the skeletons laughing behind 

my eyes… the ugliness of past transgressions warped under my skin…

the ugly facts that I hide daily….

the secrets I keep from myself to protect a “me” that doesn’t exist anymore.

i wish I could make her understand that I am only

a Strength of control,

a shell of love and anger,

that is struggling to choose happiness...


1 comment:

  1. Trust not graveyards of the absent in intent but be prepared for the increased compassion of shadows we chase as children.

    ReplyDelete