Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Day Eleven Challenge... truth you don't want

“Dear God, make me into a bird so I can fly far, far, far away from here..”

I must’ve have prayed Jenny's prayer a thousand times.. prayed it on bended knee with disappointed  shoulders, and hunched spirits. Prayed that the water of my tears would swallow my fears and erase the doubt for the hopeful. Prayed that the journey not be in vain because the reward would overflow and wash me in a weeping worship.

But you asked me to trust you…

And I trust you but it’s me that I don’t trust,

It’s me that isn’t sure about the process,

It’s me that doesn’t see the footprints marking the road ahead…

It’s me that won’t willingly close my eyes long enough to heed to the direction of your voice….

And because it's me,

I’m asking for grace Lord, asking that you bind my will, close my thought, open my mouth in praise and order my steps…

So,

Dear God make me a bird so I can fly

far…..

No comments:

Post a Comment